Thursday, February 14, 2013

A little bit of Romance, Valentine's Day and Santorini

Unless you live under a rock, you know it is Valentine's Day today and there is romance all around us. There is chocolate, roses, mushy greeting cards and people in love everywhere you look. Now normally I would post something about boudoir photography and maybe different props to use in your Valentine's Session, but it is Travel Thursday, so that wouldn't be appropriate. Instead, I have some information from a recent trip I took to Greece that included a visit to the island of Santorini which just happens to be one of the most beautiful and romantic places on the planet.

I was lucky enough to sail there and spend an afternoon visiting various hotels, enjoying the scenery, sampling some wine and taking a ride on a cable car.









Santorini is known for its sunsets, wine, donkey rides and stunning scenery. When we were cruising towards the island, at first I didn't really get it. But it wasn't until we got a little closer that I felt the full impact of the scenery. It was breathtaking. The water is a deep blue which is due to the depth of the water and these cliffs that are 300 meters high (about 1000 feet) shoot straight into the sky. As a photographer, I couldn't be happier.

We arrived at the island around 5 pm, which meant I was there at sunset which was something else completely. After a few hotel inspections, my group had the opportunity to spend a little bit of time in Oia where I sampled some wine which I purchased and have since consumed before taking the cable car to our tender boat. Where the passengers board the cable car, there are some shops and restaurants. There was one restaurant in particular that offered a front seat view of one of the most stunning sunsets I have ever seen in my entire life. I would love to go back with my husband and have a nice glass of wine at the restaurant while enjoying that sunset.

So instead of going to an overbooked, busy restaurant this Valentine's Day, why don't you spend some time with your honey dreaming (and planning) your dream romantic trip to Greece or wherever else you heart desires.

And in case you didn't know, I love to travel and I love weddings and photography and I am happy to travel wherever you are going for your destination wedding if you are in the market. Please give me a ring or send me a short email (amanda@amh-photo.com) to find out more details about my new inclusive wedding package that I am offering to local and destination wedding clients. And until the end of February, I am sharing the love for any new weddings booked. You will receive a complimentary first anniversary session or maternity session....whichever comes first.

Happy Valentine's Day to all my followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment