Sunday, October 14, 2012

A little pick me up for a rainy and miserable Sunday


Who doesn't love cupcakes??? I really do, especially this recipe. Now let me just say, I am not much of a chef but I do enjoy trying and this recipe which I found on Pinterest was pretty easy to follow and the results were delicious, if I do say so myself. I urge each of you to try it out today. Raid your pantry or kitchen cupboards. Make a quick run to the grocery store for any items you don't have in stock and get in the kitchen with someone you love and bake some cupcakes.

I love cooking and baking on days like today!!!

Wedding Cupcake and Buttercream Icing Recipe

Ingredients:

1 (18.25 oz) box of white cake mix
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup granulated white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups of vegatable or canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
4 large egg whites

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 365 degrees F. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pans (you'll need approximately 30).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, flour, sugar and salt. Add remaining ingredients and beat with hand mixer for 2 minutes or until well blended.
3. Using an ice cream scoop, fill the prepared cupcake pans, fill about 3/4 full. Bake for about 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean and dry.

Buttercream Icing

Ingredients:

3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons of whipping cream

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, with a hand or stand mixer, cream together sugar and butter on low speed. Mix until well blended. Increase speed to medium and beat for another three minutes.
2. Add Vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for one minute more, adding more cream if needed for desired spreading/piping consistency.
3. Scoop into a piping bag and pipe decoratively onto cupcakes or spread onto cupcakes if desired.

Notes:

I have made these cupcakes twice using this recipe and I found the icing a little to sweet. Apparently there is such a thing!!! So the next time I make them, I might decrease the amount of icing sugar used for the butter cream by maybe a 1/4 of a cup.

Happy Baking and remember to follow me on Pinterest!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment