Thursday, January 17, 2013

Conch fritters, Smithwicks and where you need to go on your next vacation...

This blog post has been a long time coming. Mainly because I took these photos on a trip to the Bahamas and Turks and Caicos in December 2010.

What can I say, I am really just starting to get into the routine of blogging on a regular basis, maybe in this case, only, the saying that better late then never is accurate.

So back in December of 2010, I was able to visit the island of Great Exuma in the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and Nassau, Bahamas to see a few different all-inclusive properties of a chain you may have heard of...the one and only Sandals.

Luxury Included Vacation is not only a part of their branding, but it is there motto and what they are known for and let me just tell you, if you were to visit either a Sandals property or Beaches property, that is the type of vacation experience you will have. Some of the highlights for me were the beaches. Sandals has a way of acquiring the most beautiful properties in the Caribbean and the beaches are amazing. The food was out of this world. While I was at Beaches Turks and Caicos I had the opportunity to try duck and in Nassau at the Sandals Royal Bahamian I tried conch fritters. For those of you who know me, you know that I am a picky eater, so for me to go out and try these food items and to admit that they were pretty good is saying alot.

The attention to detail that I saw while wandering around the properties was impeccable. They offer a pub at their hotels that serves domestic and imported beverages such as Smithwicks and Guiness (included, by the way) which is awesome and they could have just left it at that and had pub constructed with locally produced materials or North American materials, but they didn't. They actually went to auction houses in Great Britain and Ireland and purchased dismantled pub furniture and fixtures to bring to their resorts.

If you are thinking about a vacation spot for just the heck of it or for a special occassion like a wedding, bachelorette party or a honeymoon, I urge you to consider Sandals and Beaches.





No comments:

Post a Comment